Learn what kind of food, diet, cages, bedding, and toys are good for your little pet rats!
Pet Rats - How To Plait/Braid A Climbing Rope
How To Plait/Braid A Climbing Rope
Rats LOVE to climb, and one of the best toys you can make for them is a climbing rope. Let's look at how you can cut up an old shirt into lengths of cloth, and then plait/braid them together into a climbing rope for your rats:
- Tie the 3 lengths of cloth with a thumb knot at one end, and leave the other end (the 3 lengths of cloth) free.
- Take the section on the right side and cross it over the middle section.
- Take the left section and cross it over the section, which is now in the middle.
- Again take the right section and cross it over the middle.
- Continue until the end or until you feel that they plait is long enough.
* You will notice that each section that you cross over the middle section, in its turn becomes the middle section.
* The middle section is never handled. Only the left and right sections are crossed over the middle to become the middle section in their turn.
* If your plaited/braided rope isn't thick or long enough, you can even re-plait/re-braid them together to form a thicker/longer rope.
FancyPetRats.com last updated 11 Apr, 2017